Companies House Confirmation Statement…what is it?

Companies House Confirmation Statement…what is it?

Many of our limited company clients find it difficult to understand all of the stautory filings that are required when running a limited company, it can be quite confusing! We’re here to help and will always remind our clients in advance of any impending reporting deadlines with polite reminders!

These are the essential aspects that a limited company typically needs to worry about:

  • Annual statutory accounts
  • Annual corporation tax return
  • Payroll for Director/s
  • Workplace Auto Enrolment
  • VAT returns (if VAT registered)
  • Self Assessment Tax Return for the Director/s
  • Confirmation Statement

There is a large amount of red tape involved when running a limited company but it is important to remember that the Confirmation Statement is a separate document to the annual company accounts.

So what is the Confirmation Statement?
The Confirmation Statement is “a snapshot of general information about the company’s directors, secretary (where one has been appointed), registered office address, shareholders and share capital”. Every company in the UK must submit an Confirmation Statement to Companies House detailing any legal changes that have occurred within the company over the previous twelve months usually from the date of the anniversary of the company.

If you don’t know when the company Confirmation Statement is due you can check this on the Companies House website.

The easiest and cheapest way to complete the Confirmation Statement is to use the WebFiling service via the Companies House website. The associated filing fee is £13. To use WebFiling you must first register for two codes:

  • A Security Code (sent by email and linked to your email address)
  • An Authentication Code (posted to the registered office address).

The Director/s or secretary of the company are personally liable to deliver the completed Confirmation Statement form to Companies House on time. If not filed on time, late filing penalty payments may apply.